Ulysses Torrens Valley Rides
Torrens Valley Ride Requirements
- Ride leader brief riders, where ride is going, where smoko break is going to be & who Tail-end Charlie is. Ride leader. If your destination is not a well-known location. Supply all riders with destination address, and your phone number. If you are meeting up with other riders at smoko. Re brief ride so that everyone knows what is going on and who Tail-end Charlie is.
- Corner marshals’ to remain on corners until Tail-end Charlie arrives and flashes you, join just in front of T.E.C. Remember who you are following before you do your corner marshal duty, and when they go past tail end charley should be following them shortly. If they don’t go past something is wrong. Wait on corner until someone arrives.
- Tail-end Charlie (T.E.C.) to wear fluoro vest & Flash lights at corner Marshalls. Slow down & let corner marshal join in front of you.
- If there is a problem ( break down or accident ) Tail-end Charlie should assess situation and continue where possible as soon as they can.
- If a rider has run out fuel leave them to their own devices. They should have started with a full tank of fuel, and they should know the destination if they were listening to the riders brief.
- Riders Responsibility: Start with a full tank of fuel. Keep your bike well maintained. Get to the start point before departure time and listen to ride brief from ride leader. HAVE A GOOD TIME.
- Only Tail-end Charlie should wear fluoro vest. If you wish to wear fluoro vest when riding you should stay just in front of Tail-end Charlie.
- Only Bikes, Spiders, or Trikes to be Tail-end Charlie. If you wish to follow the ride in a car you should follow behind Tail-end Charlie.
All weekend riders are requested to read the Torrens Valley Ride Requirements dated 23 June 2015.
Our rides start from various locations, some common starting points are:
- Rides starting at Gawler - meet in the car park opposite Repco on Julian Terrace.
- Rides starting at Pelican Plaza - meet at the car park next to Hungry Jacks, corner. North East and Golden Grove Roads.
- Rides starting at Nuriootpa - meet at the car park near the Steam Engine (opposite the BP Service Station) Murray Street.
- Other rides start from various service stations and roadhouses in various towns. For information on a specific ride, please contact the Ride Leader.
- All Wednesday riders are requested to read the document accessed here.
- Depart at 10 a.m. from the Tea Tree Gully Hotel North East Road at the corner of Haines Road, Tea Tree Gully. Meet in the car park behind the hotel (you can't see the car park from the road)
- "Guzzi" Bob Braunsthal and Neville Gray lead these Wednesday rides
- For further details you can call Neville on 08 8263 7566 or mob. 0416 050 189, or Bob on 08 8563 3630.
- Rides are abandoned if the forecast temperature is 37 degrees or more, or if there is a storm or heavy continuous rain around the time of departure making riding hazardous.